Best chiles rellenos in San Carlos


I have to tell you, the best chiles rellenos in San Carlos can be found at JJ's Tacos y Cosas. Look at this beauty! Behold, the chile relleno taco!

My husband has been visiting JJ's for nearly two decades. You can see his picture (from long ago with his buddies, and later, with our kids) in the back room with the merchandise. Before we bought our house, we made sure to eat here at least once every visit.

Now that we live here, I want to try every restaurant around. But when I want a good fried fish taco, or when I'm craving a chile relleno (as I was yesterday), JJ's is the best in San Carlos. 

I would be remiss if I didn't also recommend some of the other items on JJ's extensive menu. We love the toritos with shrimp. They're bacon-wrapped yellow chile peppers stuffed with shrimp and cheese (or just cheese). 

My husband and I usually order the tacos. My kids often order the burritos -- the big donkey is a good lunch for them. We usually end up with some pastor, some carne asada, and some fried shrimp or fish. You really can't go wrong. If you need some cheese in your life, get the caramelo -- a quesadilla with carne asada. 

They serve margaritas, beer and soda. They have free WiFi. They're dog-friendly. They have ceiling fans, but it's an open-air restaurant, so if it's hot outside, it's going to be warm inside, too. But if you're craving some good tacos with good service, go see JJ, Byron, Miguel and team. They'll take care of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

San Carlos Pizza Taste Test 2024

Hiking the Tetakawi

Visit Coralito Beach Club for the delicious dinner and sunset views